Harry K

Brett Miller wrote:
I realize I am not very knowledgeable in this area, that is why I am
asking for help.
Perhaps you are use to 40 psi, but I am not. The shower is very
pathetic, the water from the sink hardly flows and takes forever to
fill the sink. The sprayer from the sink just dribbles. The hose
pressure is too low to clean anything.

Maybe 40 psi is good for you. Maybe it saves you a lot of money by
reducing the amount of water you use.

However, I am very conscious of the amount of water I use. I pay for
it. I would like it at a higher pressure. My last house had great
pressure. The neighbors have great pressure.

I would like to fix the problem.

BM

On 1 May 2005 06:39:42 -0700, wrote:

And what's the problem? 40PSI at the house sounds like it's about
where it should be.

If the flow is indeed as you say, you do not have a pressure problem.
You have a blockage/flow restriction somewhere. Possible causes from
most common to least.

1. Blocked filter
2. Corroded pipes.
3. Partially closed valve.

I suggest you get a pressure gauge and measure the pressure at a faucet
to see what it is. They don't cost a lot and you can get them that you
just plug against the faucet and hold there. Keep in mind that there
can be a great difference between static and dynamic pressure. Even a
trickle through a blocked pipe will eventually raise system pressure as
long as there is no flow. As soon as flow starts, the pressure goes
down.

As to pressure. 40 psi will give a needle shower, 20 psi won't.

Harry K