Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article .com,
writes:
Peter wrote:
My kitchen is very small, though tall, kitchen and want to wall

mount
some particularly shallow cupboards for cooking ingredients.

Nothing
like as shallow as spice racks but I want mine to be no deeper

than
20cm so I can easily reach the items and the jars and packets at

the
front don't obscure the items at the back.

Does anybody know a high street supplier that offers a shallow

range
of cupboards like these? All I have seen at regular stores are

30-40cm
deep.

buy standard and circ saw them

I did that with the IKEA kitchen wall cupboards to make bathroom
cupboards. Worked out a tiny fraction of the cost of fitted
bathroom cupboards, which tend to be both expensive and totally
crap in terms of any robustness. You'll want to buy a dowel kit
too, as you lose some of the assembly fixings having cut down
the cupboards and will likely need at add some to compensate.

Yup, or another option is to use those plastic blocks with holes in.
Thats the easiest for newbies I think. Or fix it to the wall in several
places. Or glue strips along the corners. Or just glue the sheets
together at assembly. No lack of options

Wish I knew of a semi-waterproof version of white covered chip.
Melamine bathroom cabs are like putting papier mache outdoors.

NT