ottomatic

"Leo Van Der Loo" wrote in message

Hi Art

If it had happened to my chuck, I would, (considering that CA is a
brittle glue) try to loosen up the chuck, I mean if on a tenon, try to
open, or recess try to close inwards, than grab a wooden or brass mallet
and rap the jaws, side to side in or out, I would bet the chuck will
loosen up, after that take apart and clean lube.

I would NOT heat it up to 400 Degrees, if the foregoing did not work but
than wood get the acetone or the special CA glue solvent.

why not 400 Fahrenheit, as in NOT Celsius, should not harm a metal chuck

Otto

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Art and Diane wrote:
Is there anything I can soak it in to dissolve the CA? Or are there

any
other options? Or do I now have a piece of junk?