Leif Thorvaldson

"Dave W" wrote in message
From what I have been able to find, a vacuum of 10 inches should be
sufficient for a vacuum chuck.
What I can't seem to find is the minimum cfm needed.

Used pumps are fairly easy to find, but I'm not sure what is the minimum
size I need.

Dave in Cherrylog, GA

===== This has been the most erudite discussion regarding vacuum pumps and
I have gained the following knowledge on how to select one: Get the biggest
pump you can, but not too big, or not too small; use the largest hose you
can, but not too large or not too small. I'm sure glad that I hadn't read
that before I had Bill Noble sell me one of his pumps, as it was it was just
the right size and I followed the instructions and used just the right hose,
it holds the bowl or blank like it was glued on. Thanks, Bill!!!

Leif