Percival P. Cassidy

IIRC from my decades-ago work in chem. labs, the solvent we used for
polythene was TetrHydroFuran (THF), but I have no idea how readily
available it would be, and I don't recall how toxic it might be.

But if these are the boilable bags they might be polyester.

Perce

On 05/01/05 08:17 pm David Combs tossed the following ingredients into
the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

At Costo, I buy these large bags of spinace, broccoli, etc,
and then cook (steam) a whole bag-full at a time (then
put in refrig).

I get the water boiling first, then open the top and
dump a whole bags-worth into the pot (to rest on the
steamer-thing).

ANYWAY -- twice now (no longer!) I screwed up and let
the bag touch the side of the pot, once on inside,
once on the outside.

And now there's an (almost?) impossible-to-remove
stuck-on maybe two-inches-square piece of fried-on
plastic on inside and outside.

QUESTION: short of putting a metal-file to it (and
scratching up the nice finish), HOW TO REMOVE IT?

Scrubbing doesn't work, Nor does trying to (carefully)
use a sharp knife and somehow get it off that way.

Suggestions?