Mike

Stuart Noble wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com.

I feel I have no option but to stop this damp getting through, but
how?

It isnt possible, thats the point. Unless youre wiling to dig down
outside and apply a membrane there.

Nonsense. Next time you go into the basement of a shop in one of

those trendy restoration areas, ask yourself how they got it so sweet
smelling and dry. I can assure you they don't dig up the street.

I'm trying to sort of do this by installing a pair of lintels through the
walls then injecting liquid membrane onto the outside of the buried walls.
I'll let you know how well it's worked next winter :-)