kip

If its not that check the V+ on the Vertical IC if its missing
follow the path back to the diode and resistor and replace all.
Would also be a good idea to replace the filter caps in the Vertical Circuit
as well.
The IC starts with LA7xxx or ANxxxx the location near the wires from the
Yoke.

kip

"kip" wrote in message
Chaeck for dry solder joints on Vertical out IC..

kip

va3mm
wrote in message
In article ,
writes:
I have a several year old Mitsubishi 27407 27" TV.
It has collapsed the picture to a this vertical line.
I don't have the time to fix it (there's lots of
more fun projects I'm neglecting alread). What I
wonder is, is the current state of the TV repair
business such that I'd be better off junking it,
or would it be possible to get it repaired for a
reasonable sum (compared to just spending the bux
on a new set).

Sorry, in the above previous message, I said
thin vertical line - I meant, thin horizontal line.

Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR