Andy Dingley

On 7 May 2005 13:57:32 -0700, "Tattooed and Dusty"
wrote:

doesn't seem like I can get the blade tension tight enough using even
1/2" blades, let alone 3/4" which the saw is rated for.

I've never seen a 14" machine that could really use 3/4" blades. Since I
found a supplier who could put big teeth on a narrow band, I've not used
anything more than 3/8" wide, even for resawing, and I get much better
results.

You can also address the lack of tension problems with a better spring
for higher tension (or at least better stability at the same tension)
and a blade that's happier at lower tensions.

There's a lot you can do yet to make a 14" machine perform.