Ken

David Combs wrote:
At Costo, I buy these large bags of spinace, broccoli, etc,
and then cook (steam) a whole bag-full at a time (then
put in refrig).

I get the water boiling first, then open the top and
dump a whole bags-worth into the pot (to rest on the
steamer-thing).

ANYWAY -- twice now (no longer!) I screwed up and let
the bag touch the side of the pot, once on inside,
once on the outside.

And now there's an (almost?) impossible-to-remove
stuck-on maybe two-inches-square piece of fried-on
plastic on inside and outside.

QUESTION: short of putting a metal-file to it (and
scratching up the nice finish), HOW TO REMOVE IT?

Scrubbing doesn't work, Nor does trying to (carefully)
use a sharp knife and somehow get it off that way.

Suggestions?

THANKS!

David

My wife used to do this regularly.

Steel wool is the answer.

We have a pot that formerly had a polished stainless steel finish, it
now has a brushed stainless steel finish.

Ken