Martin Angove

In message ,
John Stumbles wrote:

Martin Angove wrote:

Having had both sorts I'd never now fit anything else in a bathroom. The
question that then needs asking is whether the ventilation is required
simply for use of the loo. My understanding was that it was required
to control humidity and for no other reason.

Sometimes it would be nice to have it come on after someone has used the
loo. The problem is how to control it. Any suggestions? (Hint: this is a
splendid opportunity for the wags in this group to make hilarious quips
about motion sensors :-)

A PIR wouldn't be difficult to wire up, but then you're back to the
problem of it coming on every time someone used the bathroom. A Methane
sensor would be fun, but probably impractical.

Try Owain's suggestion instead (somewhere else in this thread) of a
momentary action pull-switch in the bathroom, or if that doesn't suit, a
momentary action rocker switch or similar outside the bathroom.

The humidistat fans I've fitted all also have the switched-live input
and a timer so they can be used in this way with no modification.

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... Eventually land east of San Andres fault will fall into the Atlantic.