George

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
news:n2_ee.1090$nX1.844@trnddc09...
Owen Lowe wrote:

In article JRYee.1402$941.412@trnddc08,
Lobby Dosser wrote:

Used to get snakes in the house all the time down in Scio. Dogs'd go
nuts trying to root them out from under furniture.

Oh, now why'd you have to go and say that?

Guess you don't want to hear about the snake ball in the culvert under the
driveway, huh? )

One of my favorite creatures is the seven plus foot gopher snake which lives
and lays eggs in my shavings heap next to the garden. Since she became a
regular, I haven't had any real furry critter problems smaller than a deer.
Used to be I'd have to take the varmint shooter out a couple times a year.
Don't use a .22 hornet on groundhog, BTW, very messy. Get the kid's .22
long.

SWMBO stomps her feet and tells the snake when she's entering the garden. I
keep telling her the snake can't hear, but she says it's a woman-to-woman
thing....