Gunner

On Sat, 07 May 2005 11:17:42 -0400, treebeard
wrote:

So, from what I know up to now, it looks like a 115v wire-feed mig
with a good helmet and all the other clothing protection, with a fan
to blow fumes away, and some type to sight baffle so kids and pets
don't look at the flame, or, if the storage works as described, some
type of oxy-acet welder, which I would prefer. I would buy from the
local supplier and make sure they would refill.

Why not simply store your tanks in the corner until needed? Its not
rocket science. Try to keep them away from open flames and check your
valves periodicly for leaks. If worst comes to worst...Rubbermaid
makes a very low profile outdoor shed..what I call a shovel cabinet
http://apachechemical.safeshopper.com/49/8739.htm?844

Tuck it up against the wall outside, put a padlock on it and
voila..instant outdoors safe storage.

as for toxic fumes, ultra violet and whatnot...simply open the garage
door (assuming your home owners ass. lets you keep it open). Maybe a
breezebox fan in the corner.

No one is going to go blind while watching you weld, from the street.
Children on skateboards will not suddenly swerve into traffic or
mailboxes, dogs will not go catatonic and cats heave up glowing in the
dark hair balls (it only sounds like it). If you cant keep your own
kids from watching the arc..you have bigger issues afoot.

I think you would be best served with O/A or even tig. Mig is not
really designed for this sort of fine work in my opinion..which is
worth exactly what you paid for it. Least not in the hands of
beginners like you and me.

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being
free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- John Stewart Mill