JANA

We are using a fair number of UPS's around here. We found the APC to be one
of the best. You will find that ALL of the UPS manufactures will NOT supply
ANY service manuals or schematics, or parts.

If your APC unit is dead, there is a 99.9% chance that it is the battery.
Most of their models go in to a protect mode, and completely shut down when
the batteries are warn down.

Replace the batteries with the same amp hour and voltage rating, in the same
combination. This is a safety thing for having the proper charge and load
current. If you buy a set of generic batteries, make sure that the terminals
match, and that you transfer the thermo fuse (if there is one), that is one
stuck on to the battery assembly. This fuse is very important to have in
there.

--

JANA
_____

"Luke Siemaszko" wrote in message
We have an APC UPS that has gone faulty.

APC will not supply a circuit diagram, and do hnot have a repair
facility - their advice is to throw it away and buy aa new one.

If I do that, it certainly won't be an APC one that I buy.

In the meantime I'd still l ike to try and fix the one we have. Has
anyone got any experience of this, or any schematics even?

thanks