Mark D. Zacharias

I checked the relay transistor again and is seems kinda odd.

The collector shows about 18v. The base shows about -.3 or -1.2 if I
press the power button. The voltage fluctuates.

The emitter has about the same readings as the base. *he scratches
his head*

Does this sound like a ground problem or a system control problem?

I just want to be sure I haven't missed anything b4 I order a new
relay trans.

Thanks
Jimmy

Sounds like you're definitely at least having a problem getting a good
ground reference for your measurements. I have seen a bad eyelet at the
power transformer cause similar issues on a Pioneer. The emitter of the
relay drive transistor should have direct continuity to the center leg of
the positive 5 volt regulator. The receiver chassis should be at ground
potential, as well.
The PDF is about 7 meg. Can you take an attachment of that size?

Mark Z