stretch

Brett,

I have between 40 and 50 PSI at my house. That is normal city water
Here in Myrtle Beach, SC. When I lived in Greensburg Pennsylvania, it
was about 120 PSI so I installed a pressure regulator and dropped it to
about 70 PSI. Most shallow well pumps have their pressure switches to
20 to 40 PSI. That is: they come on at 20 PSI & shut off at 40 PSI.
Some pressure switches go up to 30-50 PSI. That is adequate for yard
sprinklers, I have been doing it at around 25-45 PSI for 20 years with
no problems. I use well water for the yard, city water for domestic
consumption. It all depends on where you live, your source of water
and what you are used to.

Anything after the meter is usually yours, but unless you are having
trouble with low flow at a fixture, I would leave it alone. The higher
the pressure, the faster your faucets will use water and the higher
your water and sewer bills will be.

Stretch