TKM

"KTwo" wrote in message
TKM wrote:

Do let us know how the 30W is doing. Also, try the 50W Halogen PAR
(flood) lamp. HD has those too. If you did indeed get some faulty 50W
R20s, I hope that you saved them and the packaging so you can take them
back. If HD won't do anything, send them to the manufacturer. Likely
you will at least get replacements and maybe a few extra.

TKM

Well, it's been 24 hours and a couple of off-on cycles and the 30W bulb
still works. I may not seem like much but it has exceeded the lifespan of
some other bulbs.

Bad bulbs are a possibility as I think the latest string of bulbs was a 6
pack from Costco. But they were Sylvania, not some no-name brand. If the
30W doesn't make muster then I'll look at a halogen PAR.

Thx
-K2

The trouble is that lamps are made on such fast machinery today that if a
machine gets out of adjustment, many bad lamps can be made very quickly. The
quality manufacturers constantly test their products on the manufacturing
line, so the chance of bad lamps getting out the door is small; but it does
happen. At least with Sylvania lamps you'll likely get a response and
some replacements if indeed the lamps are bad.

TKM