Mike Dobony

"Jim" wrote in message
Water penetration, ice daming, convince me the time has come to seek out
a roofing job.

Access to the very limited attic space is quite difficult. So improving
ventilation and insulation might not be an option. Concentrating on the
exterior what options should I look for to better assure a leak free
roof job?

As a matter for consideration the lot is heavily wooded and shaded. So
much so that moss appears in several places on the roof.

Sounds like you live in a pre-fab with a very low roof pitch and inadequate
ventilation. What do you have in the line of roof vents and overhang
ventilation? Is it possible to run power to the attic to put in a powered
ventilator?