RBM

I'm also speculating that if you need two sumps in the basement, you
probably live in a bog and have to pump your septic out of it!!
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
news
RBM wrote:
Since you say its going outside and underground, my guess is that
it's an alarm for an effluent pump that's in a pit next to your
septic tank. These are used in areas where the effluent is drained
off the top of the septic tank and pumped uphill to the fields

That makes since since I believe Barnes does product this type of pump.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Mike Shapp wrote:
The house has two sump pumps in opposing corners of the basement and
they work just fine when we get water in the drains. In a third
corner, at eye level, is a 4x4 electrical box with a cover that has
"Barnes Pumps" printed on it. It has a siren and a momentary
contact rocker switch with a light on it. Above the rocker switch
it says: Press the switch to silence the alarm or test the sump
alarm. Coming out the top of the box are four wires (red, white, red,
and
green; about 14 gauge) that go through the wall to the outside and
into a conduit that goes into the ground. The side of the box has
two 14/2 gauge Romex cables going in (or out).

If I press the rocker switch, nothing seems to happen. Can anyone
tell me what the siren and switch are for?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Shapp

I can only guess but I would say it is part of an old or no
longing functioning alarm system that would tell you when there was
a pump failure and the water rose. I believe I have been in the
plant that makes them. --
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

--