Roger Moss

Default Stone floor - traffic wax or sealant?

I'm getting some limestone for my kitchen floor and window sills (from
Oxfordshire). The quarry says they always treat it with linseed oil (which
hardens it) & traffic wax but this sounds a very labour intensive finish to
maintain. We don't wear shoes in the house but even so it will at some
point get grubby and the wax will darken - what then? As far as I can see,
any dirt stuck to the wax won't come off with water (and I don't want the
kind of wax that shows every water mark). I don't want to use anything that
removes wax so it needs repolishing and I don't want it getting dark or
grubby patches that can't be cleaned.

I'm thinking of using Hagesan impregnator on it. This dries clear and
doesn't discolour, but probably does not harden the stone. It might also
seal it so it cannot breathe. There's also HG golvpolish, but this seems to
be just another wax.

Any advice? Is traffic wax trouble free or not? What is the best
treatment?

Thanks
Roger