Colbyt

"C" wrote in message
Moisture. I'm thinking of just running a bead of silicone along the joint
and then letting the stucco go right down the floor.

Will the stucco adhere to the durock or must I use a wire lath?

Your silicone should be fine. Keep the bead tight. I'm not sure the stucco
will adhere to the silicone.

A thin coat of stucco should stick to the wonderboard with no problem. I'm
don't think this is an approved use of wonderboard so I'm not sure how long
it will last. I just did something similar so in a few years we both will
know.

For what it is worth I kept my stucco coat to about 1/4" or less and had no
problems getting it to stick to hardiebacker. I should have misted the board
before I applied the stucco. I suggest that to you. With mine being dry it
tended to pull the moisture out of the stucco too quickly. On a larger area
I could have gotten into some serious problems.

Colbyt