hgawluk

You can split the pairs of the CAT5 cable. Technically you only use the
green and orange pairs (pins 1,2,3 and 6 on an 8-pin jack) for ethernet
anyway. I've hooked up CAT5 on green and orange pairs and telephone on the
blue pair (center pins) of a second jack. Intercom, I'm not sure if the
guage is adequate but you can certainly try it on the brown pair. If not
pull the intercom cable seperate. When you pull in the cables pull in a back
string in case you have/want to add any other cables later. A little
waterbased lubricant makes it slide through nice. I would however recommend
outdoor grease filled CAT5 cable if there is any doubt about the conduit
being water proof. The cable is not that expensive. Try an electrical
wholesaler as apposed to home depot, building box or whatever. Good luck.

"Ray" wrote in message
I'd like to run phone, video, intercom and data out to a workshop in my
backyard that is approximately 200 feet away from the house. This would

all
be run in the same conduit.

Can I run cat 5 to use for data and intercom and run a separate dedicated
phone line. The coaxial cable would be used only for TV.

Would this be the optimum way to run, or what can be suggested ??

p.s. If this is not the appropriate forum, please direct me to it !

Thanks,