Default garage door opener... sensor beams?

Hi all,
I just installed a Chamberlain 1/2HP garage door opener in my garage.
The opener is not new, it is actually about 8-9 years old. I removed
it from my mother's garage before it was torn down.

I want to know if there is a way to "hot-wire" the opener so as to
bypass those stupid electric eye sensors that mount on the bottom of
the doorway. Anyone know how to do this?

I guess if there is no way to accomplish this, I could always mount the
sensors up above by the opener and have them pointed at each other.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Tony