Joseph Meehan

Nick wrote:
Hello everyone,

My parent's 26 year old Maytag washing machine (Model GA308)
has started to color some clothing with a black residue. I've taken
apart the top tub cover and I see that it has a very thick black
residue on it. The bottom portion of the tub is in good condition with
a small section of rust. I'm thinking that the black coloring is
coming from either the water injector's rubber or the rubber coming in
from water value. Should I also replace the tup top cover? Could it be
something else?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Nick

At 26 years, I would be hesitant to put any serious money into it. It
may be time to retire. Too bad the current production models from Maytag
don't appear to share the quality and durability of their earlier models.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit