Joseph Meehan

m Ransley wrote:
Thatch is caused by fast release fertilisers or over fertilising
making grass roots stay near the surface. Leaves do not cause thatch
and are beneficial for a natural fertiliser and in studies reduce
fungal problems. The only time I had thatch was with Chemlawn liqued
type fertilisers. Mulching 6 inches of leaves every fall till pieces
are small has hurt nothing and reduced my fertiliser need to nearly
nothing.

I agree that most commercial fertilizers contribute greatly to thatch
problems and are bad in other ways as well. That may not be the only cause
of thatch, but in the US I would say it is be far the most common. On top of
that it is bad for the overall health of the grass.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit