The Real Tom

On Sun, 01 May 2005 09:47:02 -0400, Ed Hayes wrote:

We are going to install a small pond in our backyard.
It will be one of those bio-eco systems that do not require massive
filters and chemicals.
Town code states it can't be over (I think) 18 inches without a fence
around the properity or pond.
We don't want the fence so we want to keep it to a max depth of 18
inches.
These bio-eco systems require fish and I am not sure 18 inches is deep
enough to protect them in our cold winters here on Long Island.
Any ideas or thoughts?

By cheap tanks(even clean plastic garbage cans) and move the fish into
your garage in the winter. This will allow you to drain the pond
clean it out, and move the plants inside too.

hth,

tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com