Be

Default Rice cooker died

Hello,

We have a Salton Rice Steamer/Cooker Model: RA-3 that has been used less
than a year and suddenly stopped working. It works very simply - you place
raw rice and water in an aluminum bowl, then press down on a switch above
were an AC cord inserts into the unit. This end of the cord is blocky and
has two pin holes that mate with two protruding pins inside the unit... much
like an electric griddle's cord.

Anyway, normally, when this switch is pressed down, it clicks and locks into
position and a light comes on. After 30 minutes the switch releases and the
rice is done. There is no timer that I can see in the unit - it must have to
do with the expansion of some metal trigger from heat over that time frame.

This light will no longer come on and the cooking process likewise does not
start. I unscrewed the bottom cap and looked in at the very simple workings
- nothing seemed to be broken or disconnected. The latch does stay in the
"on" position when the weight of the full pot is pressing on the hot plate,
so the spring mechanism involved is not broken. The cooker was not dropped
and there is no visible damage.

Anyone have an idea what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Bill