Andy Morris

Default Honeywell 2 port valve problem

Hi, I just wondered if anyone knows the answer to this one?

I have a 4043H1056 valve that does not automatically shut when power is
removed.
The spring return seems to have failed. - Does this require a whole new
valve unit, or can just the actuator be replaced?
I mean is the spring part of the valve, or part of the drop on actuator
block?

( Because the vavle does not close, the pump is always on and boiler is
always on due to the micro switch I guess? ).

Also, the manual lever on the valve does not seem to grab anything. There is
no resistance for moving it, and it just stays without the need for locking.
(and does not close the valve either).

Thanks,

Andy (Very hot because he can't turn his central heating off if he wants
hot water) ;-)

---

To reply personally rather than through the news server please delete
NO-SPAM from the sender address.