Dick

On Sun, 01 May 2005 04:27:19 -0400, Brett Miller
wrote:

The county came out and measured the water pressure.
It was 40 psi at the house and 100 psi at the curb.
Recommendation: Pressure Reducing Valve may need adjustment or
has failed.

Now is the the county's problem or mine. The guy just left a
note on my door, so I didn't get to ask him, and I found the note
late friday evening so I couldn't call.

If this is my problem, where is the valve located. I do think I
can adjust it, and probably replace it if it is b/w the main and
the house.

Advice?

Everything after the meter is usually the homeowner's responsibility.
The pressure valve could be in one of many places. At our house, it
is in the same underground box with the main shutoff valve at the
street. Typically, they are at the point where the water line enters
the house. Especially if you have a basement.