Les Wilson

If your house was wired correctly - #14 Romex on the 15 amp circuits and #12
Romex on the 20 amp circuits, you'll find that you'll have a hard time
getting the #12 wire to fit in a switch or recepticle rated for 15 amps if
you use the push terminals (and not the screws).

20 amp outlets and switches cost only pennies more than 15 amp ones. Spend
the extra buck or two for the proper equipment and do it right the first
time.

If you find that you have #14 Romex on a 20 amp circuit - change out the
breaker for a 15 amp one.

All easy to do - but if you have misgivings or are unsure of things, have a
licensed electrician do the work for you.

"Eric and Megan Swope" wrote in message
Hi again. I started a new thread because the old one was getting filled

up.
Below are my basic questions I would like answered if someone could please
help me out so I know if I have to go back and replace some switches

and/or
receptacles. Thanks.

I have 15 amp rated light switches on a 20 amp circuit. These
light switches in most cases control overhead lights (in a kitchen,

garage,
dining room). Is this alright, or do I need to use 20 amp rated light
switches?

Also, on a 20 amp circuit, I have 15 amp rated electrical outlets? Is

this
alright? Some of these outlets are controlled by a 15 amp light switch as
well, is that alright? Thanks for any help.