Duane Bozarth

KTwo wrote:
Overheating seems to be the general opinion. A number of the bulbs that
have burned out to date where left for a couple of days and only burned
out when one of my daughters turned the light off accidently when trying
to turn the disposal off (the switches are in the same box). I'll try a
smaller bulb. I don't think vibration is an issue. This light is above
by kitchen sink, so there is no garbage disposal on the floor above it.
The master bathroom is above it and I don't believe that is a large

Sounds like in an enclosed area w/ not enough air movement around the
can...

I'd definitely go w/ the smaller wattage bulb and a 130V-rated would
also extend life.

If at all possible I'd try to pull the can and make sure there isn't
anything blocking the area around the fixture...