KTwo

Joseph Meehan wrote:
KTwo wrote:

I have a recessed light above my sink that is eating bulbs. About
every 4th day the the R19 buld in the can burns out. I've checked the
connections in the switch box and replaced the switch - to no avail.
Any other suggestions?
Thx
-K2

I agree that heat would be the first thing I would check. I would also
check the contacts to make sure they are clean and making solid contact. I
assume there is no water getting splashed on the lamp? Vibration can also
be a killer. Does a disposal dishwasher or something above the lamp on the
next floor cause vibration?

I don't think I have a water problem. Even though the master bathroom
is directly above the light, there is no evidence on the ceiling around
the lamp or in the master bathroom of leakage. The light is above the
kitchen sink, and with 9' ceilings I'd have to have a talk with my
daughters about how the do dishes if there is water getting splashed on it.
Thx
-K2