KTwo

Dave Morrison wrote:
zxcvbob wrote:

KTwo wrote:

I have a recessed light above my sink that is eating bulbs. About
every 4th day the the R19 buld in the can burns out. I've checked
the connections in the switch box and replaced the switch - to no
avail. Any other suggestions?
Thx
-K2

Probably heat build-up is killing the lamps. Try using one size
smaller wattage.

Best regards,
Bob

Also check if there is insulation installed on top of the can, should be
a clear space above the fixture to allow for heat dissipation.
Dave

Unfortunately I can't do that. The can was installed when the house was
built and it's a sheetrock ceiling. I guess I could check, but that
will be a last resort, and I'll just replace the fixture while I have
the ceiling torn apart.

-K2