KTwo

indago wrote:
050429 2145 - KTwo posted:

I have a recessed light above my sink that is eating bulbs. About every
4th day the the R19 buld in the can burns out. I've checked the
connections in the switch box and replaced the switch - to no avail.
Any other suggestions?
Thx
-K2

Sounds like a heat problem. Try one of the new fluorescent screw-in lamps.
They run a lot cooler. One of the new "40 watt" equivalent lamps is labeled
to draw 10 watts, and after about a minute, brightens up and seems to have a
lumens equivalent of at least a 50 watt incandescent lamp.

I had thought about compact flourescent (CF), but for another reason. I
was thinking that since CF don't have a filament that there's nothing
to burn out. Hadn't thought about it from the heat angle.
I've looked and have only found one source (on the web or in a store)
for CF R16 bulbs - and they're $20/ea. Ouch.
Thx
-K2