HorneTD

udarrell wrote:
Most outlets have two or more plug-in receptacles, if each of one load was
15-amps the other only 5 amps, the load would be 20-amps on the switch which
would not trip a 20-amp breaker. The switch could overheat. All such
circuits should probably be breakered with quick-trip 15 amp breakers. Check
your code book and call someone that knows! My post is merely one
illustration, --pay little heed to it. - udarrell

I didn't write outlet I wrote single receptacle. So as they might say
in a court room drama, asked and answered council, argumentative.
--
Tom H