KTwo

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
KTwo wrote:

I have a recessed light above my sink that is eating bulbs. About
every 4th day the the R19 buld in the can burns out. I've checked the
connections in the switch box and replaced the switch - to no avail.
Any other suggestions?
Thx
-K2

Sounds like an overheating problem to me.

What's the wattage of the bulbs? Is it at or below the fixture's maximum
wattage rating?

Are there vent openings in the can which are blocked by something above
the fixture?

If all else fails, replace the switch with a slide type dimmer and rig
something to keep the slider from moving all the way to "full".

HTH,

Jeff

Jeff -

Overheating seems to be the general opinion. A number of the bulbs that
have burned out to date where left for a couple of days and only burned
out when one of my daughters turned the light off accidently when trying
to turn the disposal off (the switches are in the same box). I'll try a
smaller bulb. I don't think vibration is an issue. This light is above
by kitchen sink, so there is no garbage disposal on the floor above it.
The master bathroom is above it and I don't believe that is a large
source of vibration.

Thx

-K2