Duane Bozarth

James Repetski wrote:

We are looking at a new development where the homes are heated with Propane
Gas. Houses are about 2100sq feet. Any problems with this kind of heating.

$$$$ (You better have lots of them...).

Of course, depending on where you are, natural gas may not be that
much cheaper, but better check carefully on what local relative costs
are and relative usages as that may give some clues as to looking
forward.

I wouldn't turn the house down on that basis alone, but I'd not select
it as my first choice in most locations. While it's common here in
gas-producing country where there isn't NG distribution and we used it
for tractor fuel in the 60s-80s, I just don't like having the tank as
part of a residential setting unless it's the only practical choice.

Of course, if we didn't have a major pipeline running through the
pasture close enough to the house to have a tap, we'd be on LP, too...