Doug Miller

In article , wrote:
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:31:16 GMT,
(Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , "toller" wrote:
I must not have drained my cottage pipes too well, because three of them
burst. Two are rigid copper and easily accessable, but one is flexible
copper where there is only 16" between the ground and the floor joists. I
am not looking forward to it.

I have never worked on flexible copper before, but am not at all confident
that it is still round. Will I have any problem sweating fitting on the it?
Any great advice on this?

Cut out the damaged section, and splice in a replacement using compression
fittings.

This sounds easy, but if the pipe froze, the copper expanded and the
pipe is larger than it should be. It's often not possible to get a
compression fitting on it, once it expanded.

Like I said - cut out the damaged section.

--
Regards,