Edwin Pawlowski

"Mikepier" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have 2 questions regarding my deck:

1)I replaced all of my 2X6 PT deckboards with new ones. I will be
staining with Cabots transparent oil-based stain. I know I have to wait
a month for the lumber to dry out but do I still have to powerwash
these new boards before applying the stain?

No

2) I am not replacing my railings as they are in good shape. They have
old stain on them. Will powerwashing be good enough to remove the old
stain so I can put the Cabots stain on them? Or do I need to sand?

Depends on what is on them and the condition it is in.. They may only need
a cleaning.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/