Suzie-Q

Default (Faux?) Wood Flooring Question

I'm helping to set up a new Wal-Mart SuperCenter where there has
been installed a new (?) type of floor that I've never seen before.
It looks very nice, like a medium-colored (darker than pine) wood
grain. It's also textured. I suspect that's supposed to make it slip-proof
or, at least, slip resistant. I've never seen a wood floor that
wasn't smooth.

I was thinking that this would be great in a home with dogs. They
wouldn't slide on the floors like they do now.

Has anyone heard of this type of floor? What is it called? Is it
available for homes or just commercially?

Thanks in advance.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~