Mike Hall

Default Anyone got a Wickes shower pump?

I've inherited a power shower consisting of a Triton LP4000
thermostatic mixer and a Wickes twin impeller pump. Unfortunately I
seem to have a little seepage from around the mixer cartridge, (which,
incidentally is a new cartridge I have installed in the original
housing). On contacting Triton, they suggest that the LP4000 is not
designed to be used with pumped systems above 1 bar, but I don't know
how much 'umph' our pump is in fact putting out.

If any one has a Wickes pump like this, and has any further
information then I would be most grateful.
The ID plate reads:
"Wickes Twin Impeller, Product No. 414-805. 2A, 300W Max". Also,
opening up the electrical cover of the pump reveals a couple of
terminals that look as though they might be for wiring it up to
operate at a lower speed .... again any information greatly received.

TIA
Mike