Clint

You really should avoid painting widows, unless you ask for permission
first... At the very least, make sure you clean their late husband's tools
out of the garage/shop before you slap on that first coat of paint.

However, depending on the age and condition (of the widow), the appropriate
use of a stripper may be required... Hmmm....

Clint

"garycomfort" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,

This is a bit off topic for Woodworking, but I think this group has the
skills to give me the advice I need.

Last year, we built and moved into our retirement home. The windows and
doors are Pella wood frame on the inside and clad aluminum on the

exterior.
At the time we ordered the windows and doors, we weren't certain if we
wanted to keep the wood on the inside natural or would paint it. To

preserve
our options, we did not order the wood pre-primed ( I wish we had).

Since we have moved in, we have decided to paint the interior of windows

and
doors - white- matching all of our interior trim paint. The interior trim
paint is a good-quality Latex acrylic semi-gloss.

Now, I am faced with what seems to be a very large task of actually

painting
all of the window frames and jambs. There are a lot of them (40+). The
walls and floors are finished , so I can't make a mess. And, I need the
finished painting to be high quality, i.e., smooth, free of brush or
rollermarks, etc.

It seems to me that my best approach would be to mask off each window and
door - masking a foot or so of the wall around each unit. Then, with the
right spray equipment, I might be able to spray each unit fairly rapidly.
My concern is overspray - I can't mess up the paint on surrounding walls,
floors, or ceilings.

I'd like to spray with something that provides a narrow fan pattern -

maybe
about 4 inches wide- without a lot of overspray bouncing off and covering
walls and floors.

I'm willing to buy what I need in terms of spraying equipment, but I don't
know what I need. Can I use an airless sprayer? Can I get a narrow spray
head? Would it cause too much paint "dust" bouncing around?

How about an HVLP unit? Can it do my job with Latex paint?

Thanks.

Gary Comfort
Ponce Inlet, FL