David Feyen

Just to add from my experiences....if you find that you overfilled a hole
and the foam is backing out and
looks like it is going to overflow everywhere, cover any areas you expect
the foam will fall to protect them, but do not try to wipe away
the foam while it is sill wet. It will smear and be nearly impossible to
remove. I learned this and later switched
to allowing the overfill to harden completely, and then simply cut away at
the excess with a knife or scrapped it
off with a putty knife.

"William W. Plummer" wrote in message
FH wrote:

i put in a new window and used this foam to fill in cracks of open
space..... like a dummy, i didn't wear gloves and got it on my fingers. i
tried rubbing alcohol and a few other things, but i haven't been able to
get it all the way off. it's made by DOW, it's called "Great Stuff"...any
suggestions on how to get rid of it would be appreciated.

None of the chemicals listed work. I tried them all last year when I
made a mess. In the end, I used a scalpel and needle-nose pliers to pull
some small drops of Great Stuff off the surface of the run.

To add insult to injury, Great Stuff is NOT RECOMMENDED for window
installations. It can crush in the window frame. I just found that out
this year and don't know if it applies to the low expansion version of
Great Stuff.