Old Nick

On 5 May 2005 17:28:03 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

As a sawmill? Pretty near "won't work" Many reasons. Most of them have
been said in replies to your post; power, position, tension, design,
speed, max cut.

But if you just had a little bit to do.

I am surprised you can use a 1". Most of them are so thick they are
not happy around a 14" wheel. I have seen some thinner ones. I think
under heavy use, the 1" band of normal thickness may start to wear, as
it's bent too small to be happy.

Hm... the resaw blade I have is I think a 1" band, does good on smaller
stuff. Do you suppose it's a "won't work", or a "would be slow"
kind of situation?