Art

BTW, If indeed you see the on screen menue and volume control bar the
problem is beyond just that coil. the coil supplies the drive signal to the
base of the horizontal output transistor, allowing it to drive the LOPT and
develop the HV and other derived sweep and supply signals. You will need to
troubleshoot the video processing circuit including the jungle ic to find
the actual cause of the lack of video to the crt.
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I've got an RCA F27665 27" TV (chasis CTC203AX) with good sound and
menus, but no image. I believe this is caused by the glue on the
location L14401 coil, so I'd like to remove the coil, remove the glue,
then put the coil back in place. The problem is that the circuit board
doesn't seem to want to come off it's tray. I've opened up the set,
removed the circuitboard tray, and removed the hex nut along the edge
of the board, but the board still seems to be fastened to the tray.
Are there any other fasteners I'm missing? Also, is the problem glue
on the coil red in color?

Thanks for your input,

Mark