Harold and Susan Vordos

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I vote for filing too, after thinking about it. Real good excuse to
buy a new 12" ******* file with a nice new handle. - GWE

For multiple pieces? Not saying it won't work, but how much trouble is
anyone willing to endure to remove 4" of weld? I'd suggest that it could
prove to be a daunting task, especially if the welds have considerable
flash. That's really the key to how to make the parts fit. If the flash
is substantial, filing could get old real fast. By handling properly, each
part could conceivably be machined as I suggested in no more than two or
three minutes, with complete control.

Do keep in mind I don't like using files for anything except for deburring.
Others may enjoy their use.

Harold