Jim C Roberts

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message
Also, do you consider the bottle
to be safe being free standing like that?

As long as at least the tool box is on the cart it is quite stable.

I have been looking at some of the "lean back" style handtrucks used for
appliances. I figure after a few modifications, Monster Garage style, we
can carry all of the neccesary equipment on it, prop it up when we get to
where we are going and be ready to weld shortly there after.

I was able to just buy my extension cords at Home Depot.
They are Yellow Jacket brand 4 pin twist locks (14L20) intended for use
with small generators.

I was not able to find them online so I went with a piece of 10/3 cable,
had to get something made up quickly just in case.

I currently have 7 adapters for my Maxstar 200DX but then mine can use
everything from 110v to 460v 3 ph.

Don't think we will need 7, I can see 3 or 4 though.

Make sure the case has good ventilation or the Maxstar will overheat.

Noted.

and what the hell is up with them
sending a regulator out with it?

That is a pressure style flow guage.
They are cheap and work ok, kind of, sort of maybe.
I like the compact Victor ball and tube flow gauges.

I believe that is what we are using on our dry rigs,

My Maxstar 140 lived on a hand truck with a small Argon tank on the
bottom, a shelf above for the welder and a rack on the back for all the
cables.

It worked great and was extremely portable.

That is the plan for this welder, portability.

Thank you for your reply Ernie, it will be very helpful in our quest to
find the best set up for our needs.

Regards,
Jim