Orrin Iseminger

Grant, I have an almost carbon copy of that lathe, only in 13-inch
size. My motor mount is different, but otherwise things look very
familiar.

A big plus for this lathe is that big hole through the spindle. It is
very simple to make a 5C collet adapter for it. The collet fits
*inside* the spindle, being a lot better arrangement than those
adapters that hang 'way out over the bed.

I agree with the others. This lathe isn't worth $500. $350 is more
like it.

I have to stop to think every time I operate the clutch on my lathe.
Clockwise engages it. Counter-clockwise disengages it.

Mine had a nasty habit of jamming in the dis-engaged position. The
fix was simple, just a skim cut on a surface; but, it was so long ago
I forgot where.

I'd be interested in this lathe just for the parts, but what with
gasoline prices now being so high, it wouldn't be cost-effective.

Regards,

Orrin