Jack Allen

I had a problem of grass growing in my English Ivy. Someone on this list
years ago advised me to use an over the top product called Poast. I
sprayed it around the ivy, rhodos, azaleas with no problem. Killed the
grass and had no affect on the other plants.

"Norminn" wrote in message

Duane Bozarth wrote:
Norminn wrote:

Noozer wrote:

There are a few areas where the grass is taking over and I'd like to
find a
way to spray out the grass without killing the other plants filling in.
I've
pretty much pulled all that I can, but some of it is difficult to get
and
and I always miss some.

Can someone suggest a spray that will kill grass only? Also wondering
what
other types of plants I should avoid spraying with this chemical.

Thanks!

How large are the areas you want to kill? If not huge, can mix some
Roundup and use a brush rather than a sprayer. I have done that to spot
treat tough weeds.

Roundup will kill everything which is not what was requested.

Last I checked, answers are allowed that are not specific to the vague
request. The OP suggested he had only isolated quantities of weed to get
rid of, so why spray the whole darn lawn? When a weed is tough, and only
small amounts, brushing on Roundup works very well.

To OP--there was a thread here a just a couple weeks ago where I posted
a link to what are the available grass-specific herbicides. Depending

Enlighten us - look in your "sent" folder )

on state you may or may not be able to get most (any) of them other than
the Grass-B-Gone varieties.

A Google for the previous thread will lead you to that or a google on
grass-specific herbicides will lead you to all you can want to know.

Unless the area is small and the things you're trying to save are really
valuable, however, it may be simpler to just use Roundup and kill all
vegetation and then start over w/ the desired cover crop(s).