Peter Parry

On Thu, 5 May 2005 18:37:25 +0100, "Andrew Barnes"
wrote:

I have a cellar which has damp wall, not wet, just damp. The existing white
paint is coming off in places and there is a white powdery deposit.

I would like to make it into a pleasant room, so need to tank the cellar.

It may need nothing more than some proper ventilation. The wall
temperature will be lower than the rest of the house and damp air
will pool there causing condensation. Try running a dehumidifier in
it for a month - if that works almost certainly improving the
ventilation will work.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/