BigWallop

"Andrew Barnes" wrote in message
I have a cellar which has damp wall, not wet, just damp. The existing

white
paint is coming off in places and there is a white powdery deposit.

I would like to make it into a pleasant room, so need to tank the cellar.

Can anybody recommend any systems?

Thanks

Andrew

If you want it habitable, then you'd need to vent it and seal the walls from
the outside to stop water penetration. If you want it pleasant to store
things is, then get old pallet boards and lay them on the floor. Cover
these with flooring grade chipboard to make a decent walking surface.

Paint all the walls with an Alkaline Resistant under-coat paint after
brushing, wear a mask, most of the efflorescent salts off. With a couple of
good coats of the AR under-coat on the walls, you should be able to paint a
good quality emulsion, not a gloss, on the top to make it all look pretty.